Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is the Knolls Ranger?

A. Believe it or not – the Knolls Ranger is over 90% water. The remaining 10% is the well-hydrated Official Greeter & Superhero for the Bixby Knolls area of Long Beach. If you’re only partially satisfied with this explanation, please read the Knolls Ranger: Origin Story and download a preview of the Knoll’s Ranger’s first comic adventure.

Q. What is Bixby Knolls?

A. Bixby Knolls is an eclectic area of Long Beach with a vibrant cultural and community scene, great shopping and a bunch of yummy restaurants. You can learn more about Bixby Knolls from the Bixby Knolls Improvent Association’s Website and CityofNeighborhoods.com.

Q. Where can I meet the Knolls Ranger?

A. The Knolls Ranger is an elusive character but he can often be seen at events in Bixby Knolls like First Fridays. Check the Bixby Knolls website for upcoming events or check the Ranger Round-Up for announcements of upcoming events and photos from past appearances.

Q. Can I request an appearance by the Knolls Ranger at my event?

A. Sure! Of course, the Knolls Ranger can’t be in two places at once. All requests for Knolls Ranger appearances should be sent to editor@knollsranger.com. We will check the Ranger’s availability and identify any costs that may be associated with an appearance (a Ranger’s gotta eat!).